Friday, May 7, 2010

Space

Strangers, that's how we started
Did not even say hello when we met at the hall

You shared your passion, I shared mine
Yet, there's still a space.

We had dinner, the food was great
Yet, the space is getting bigger.

After a day's work I did not expect
That the space can be easily closed.

With liquor on the table
Conversing with one another; it was a nice start.

We were so many back then
Did not even get the chance to seriously talk with you.

What reminds me of that night
Is a picture we had; yet, there's still a space.

It was then our last night in the foreign land
But we have managed.

At our last dinner together
I could never forget the entire scene.

We were at the wash nook
Concerned of our hands, and suddenly you said

"Happy birthday to you'
I did not know what to say; did not even think about it.

While eating, i realized
That it could be my celebration on that foreign land.

Good thing that you remembered
What i had almost forgotten.

And my greatest fear came
That the space between us will expand.

As we left the house, rode on the bus
I got bothered.

When will we see each other again?
Or will we?

You reached first your destination
As i tried to look at you

You called out my name
I responded, and one thing sealed that space

A handshake
That's all we could give.

No comments:

Post a Comment